Community Trust South is pleased to announce that it has provided funding to Leadership New Zealand which will fully fund one participant from the Trust region to participate in the Mana Moana Experience 2021.
This experience is a specialist Pasifika Leadership Programme and it aligns with the priority of the Trust to support the development of community leaders.
Please find below the full details for this programme and click on the image below to go to the application form.
Turou, Turou, Tulou, Tulou,
Calling Pasifika Leaders in the Southland Region
Leadership NZ and Community Trust South warmly invite mid-career and senior Pasifika* leaders from Southland, Queenstown, Glenorchy, Arrowtown, Tapanui and Heriot areas to apply for The Mana Moana Experience 2021.
Our unique partnership will enable one Pasifika* community leader from the Southland region to participate in The Mana Moana Experience 2021 with the purpose to build leadership capacities to serve their community and region.
As the world changes, Leadership NZ continues to imagine an Aotearoa with exceptional leadership that embodies impact, influence and interdependence.
The Mana Moana Experience is a specialist Pasifika Leadership Programme, curated and delivered by Leadership NZ, that activates the rich wisdom of Pasifika ancestral and indigenous knowledge, so Pasifika leaders can confidently navigate their surrounding moana, fenua and ecosystems to locate and live the mauri of Pasifika leadership for a better Aotearoa New Zealand.
An 8-month voyage of discovery, The Mana Moana Experience embeds the poly-cultural leadership wisdom required in these times, creating Pasifika conscious leaders — from government, business, creative and not-for-profit sectors — who understand how to leverage the power of the collective; bring their whole self to conversations; and sustain the vā that flows with reciprocity, empathy, respect and alofa.
*Leadership NZ defines Pasifika leaders as New Zealand residents who originate from, are descendants of, or who identify with a Pacific Island heritage, including: Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
Our Programme creates leaders who can:
- Navigate complex and culturally distinctive worlds with skill and confidence
- Engage with and deepen cultural knowledge, strengthen their capabilities and add value by bringing their full selves into their professional lives
- Leverage poly-cultural capital to scale up their leadership influence and impact
- Share experiences with a cohort of Pasifika leaders and foster lifelong relationships and networks of support via peer mentoring
- Know themselves, where they come from, what their purpose and point of difference is
- Access the inspiration of our most influential leaders by hearing their personal experiences first-hand
We seek leaders who can demonstrate they:
- Are residents of New Zealand with significant years of experience in their field of expertise.
- Are committed to creating a better future for all New Zealanders
- Have leadership capacity with diversified experience and are prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Are able to commit to 8 months of deep learning in Auckland and Northland. Attendance is essential
- Are purposeful to deepen their growth as Leadership NZ Alumni after the completion of the Programme
- Have the ability to continue their leadership growth via ongoing community service