What's On Invers Business News Presented by
Applications for the Westpac Southland Business Excellence Awards (WSBEA) closed on Friday, 12 July 2019.
“We are so thrilled to have a record number of businesses apply with 109 applications received over the 10 categories” Mrs Sheree Carey, CE Southland Chamber of Commerce said.
The WSBEA is a showcase of the Southland region’s business talent and capability, and they also act as a platform for paying tribute to local businesses helping to build our economy and community, says Mrs Carey.
The 2019 Award Categories are as follows:
- Findex (NZ) Ltd Primary & Primary Services Sector Award
- Invercargill City Council Construction, Trades, Manufacturing & Distribution Sector Award
- PowerNet New and Emerging Award
- The Southland Times Consumer Service Sector Award
- Invercargill Licensing Trust Not for Profit Award
- Southland Chamber of Commerce Professional Service Sector Award
- Market South Innovation Award
- ACC Workplace Safety Award
- Healthy Families Workplace Wellbeing Award
- Southern Institute of Technology Business Personality Award
and the OVERALL Westpac Supreme Award for the outstanding Southland Business of the Year
As well as accolades for the winners, all entrants receive benefits throughout the awards process. Be it increased staff morale, confidence building during the self-assessment application, enhanced profile or public recognition – the awards aim to highlight our outstanding local organisations and their achievements.
Judging starts on Wednesday, 17 July with finalists announced the week of the 19th August.
2019 WSBEA judges include Dave Anderson (Westpac), Frank Gibbons (Air New Zealand), Warrick Low (Vet South), Tracey Wayte (HR South) and Prue Halstead (Invest South).
The Awards Gala Dinner will take place at Ascot Park Hotel, Invercargill on Friday 27 September 2019 from 6.30pm.
You may be interested
Search Warrants Net Ten Arrests On Drug & Firearm ChargesNews Desk - Aug 26, 2019
Over the past fortnight Southland Police have executed a number of search warrants in various locations in relation to an…
Dying Man Thanks Rugby Southland For Memorable ExperienceNews Desk - Aug 26, 2019
John Corbin has a terminal lung disease and only months left to live. Instead of spending his final days making…