Invercargill business woman Jocelyn O’Donnell was named today as a member of the 13-strong Prime Minister’s Business Advisory Council.
The council would focus on high-level economic matters and the government’s wider economic agenda.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the council, chaired by Air New Zealand chief Christopher Luxon, were a diverse cross-section of the business community.
The council includes HW Richardson (Bill Richardson Transport World and Classic Motorcycle Mecca) director Jocelyn O’Donnell and former general manager and chief executive of Tiwai Point Aluminium Smelter Gretta Stephens, who is now the chief executive of BlueScope Steel New Zealand and Pacific Islands.
A work programme hasn’t been finalised, but it will canvass: ways to grow the economy and improve productivity and living standards; address issues that affect people’s everyday lives; and bridge the gaps between government and business; as well as work on issues at the heart of New Zealand’s prosperity and social, environmental and economic sustainability.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said the council was a diverse cross-section of the business community.
The full council includes:
- HW Richardson (Bill Richardson Transport World and Classic Motorcycle Mecca) director Jocelyn O’Donnell
- Westpac New Zealand chief executive David McLean
- Genesis Energy chair Barbara Chapman
- Mercury NZ chief executive Fraser Whineray
- Kono chief executive Rachel Taulelei
- Wesfarmers’ Bunnings NZ chief executive Jacqui Coombes
- Fonterra Cooperative Group acting chief executive Miles Hurrell
- McKinsey & Co partner Andrew Grant
- Xero chief product officer Anna Curzon
- Rocket Lab’s chief executive Peter Beck
- Pango Productions chief executive Bailey Mackey
- Tiwai Point Aluminium Smelter Gretta Stephens, who is now the chief executive of BlueScope Steel New Zealand and Pacific Islands.
The unpaid appointments are for up to two years and at the PM’s discretion. The chair will speak on behalf of the council. The group is expected to meet with the PM three times a year.
You may be interested
Funeral Notices – Saturday 17th NovemberNotices - Nov 17, 2018
If you would like your recently lost loved ones death / funeral notice or memoriam listed here, contact your Funeral…
Armistice Day Exhibition Extended To Friday & Saturday OnlyNews Desk - Nov 16, 2018
The special exhibition which honours Southlanders who fought and died in World War I will reopen for two days this…
Council Proposes To Join Local Government Funding Agency SchemeNews Desk - Nov 16, 2018
The Invercargill City Council proposes to join the Local Government Funding Agency scheme, and invites residents to make submissions on…