The All of Government COVID-19 National Response will provide an update at 1.00 pm today.
Director-General of Health, Dr Ashley Bloomfield
Details from today’s update:
- No new cases of Covid-19 in New Zealand – Dr Ashley Bloomfied
- Total number of confirmed cases is 1153, total confirmed and probable is 1503. Another five cases have been confirmed as recovered meaning 97 percent of cases have recovered. Just one person remains in hospital.
- Yesterday 16,113 tests were done, 244,838 tests in total have been completed, Dr Bloomfield said.
- Dr Bloomfield is also encouraging New Zealanders to go out and get a flu jab for the winter and that there are over 2 million jabs available.
- There have been 236,000 registrations of the government’s Covid-19 tracing app. Dr Bloomfield is encouraging more New Zealanders to download it.
- Dr Bloomfield says the government has been working with Google to make sure any bugs are fixed with the app and that issues some people had downloading the app are addressed.
- Dr Bloomfield reiterated that any personal data entered on the app is only held by the MoH and the person using the app.
- Dr Bloomfield addressed the relaxing of rules for bars today. He encouraged New Zealanders to enjoy the new freedoms but not try out any new dance moves people may have learned over the lockdown.
- Dr Bloomfield said that New Zealanders can infer from the numbers of Covid-19 cases in New Zealand that the MoH is in a good place to recommend to Cabinet that numbers at churches etc can be increased.
- Dr Bloomfield says his team is also reassessing the case definition of Covid-19 for testing.
- Just seven regions still with active cases of Covid-19.
Waitematā, with 14.
Hawke’s Bay, five.
Auckland, Canterbury and Counties Manukau, each with three.
And Nelson Marlborough and Waikato, both with one.
– Advertisement –