The Southland Sports Car Club will take advantage of the long southern twilights tonight (Thursday 17 October) when they hold a Motorkhana – part of Round 3 of the Evolution Motorsport Clubsport Championship – at Teretonga Park in Invercargill.
Motorkhana is entry level motorsport with courses around cones and anyone 12 years old and over can have a go. You can use any car of WOF standard or else use one of two cars available – the Evolution Motorsport Toyota Levin or a Ford Ka.
There are plenty of new drivers giving the sport a go this season so it is a great time to have a go yourself.
The entry fee is $25 and if you wish to use the Evolution Motorsport Toyota or the Ford Ka that is an extra $20. Sign in for the event is from 5pm with competition scheduled to begin at 6pm.
Don’t hesitate to contact the club for any information on motorkhana’s or utilising one of the cars available for the event via the Southland Sports Car Club Clubsport Co-ordinator Malcolm Mitchell at 021 666 956 or [email protected]
EVOLUTION MOTORSPORT CLUBSPORT MOTORKHANAS
- Round 1: Sunday 11 August 2019 9.00am
- Round 2: Sunday 29 September 2019 9.00am
- Round 3: Thursday 17 October 2019 (Twilight – 6.30pm)
- Round 4: Sunday 17 November 2019 9.00am
- Round 5: Thursday 30 January 2020 (Twilight – 6.30pm)
- Round 6: Sunday 1 March 2020 9.00am