Absolutely wonderful words of wisdom
Advice from An Old Farmer
- Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
- Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
- Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
- A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
- Words that soak into your ears are whispered… not yelled.
- Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight.Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.
- Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
- It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
- You cannot unsay a cruel word.
- Every path has a few puddles.
- When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
- The best sermons are lived, not preached.
- Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
- Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Live a good, honorable life… Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.
- Don ‘t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t bothering you none.
- Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.
- If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
- The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’.
- Always drink upstream from the herd.
- Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
- Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
- If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..
- Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
- Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
- Most times, it just gets down to common sense.
You may be interested
Listen: All Sports Breakfast Episode 12 With Nick JefferyEditor - Aug 18, 2018
Join Mr Southland sport Nick Jeffery on 'All Sports Breakfast' So much great sport on right now. This week's All Sports…
Funeral Notices – Saturday 18th AugustNotices - Aug 18, 2018
If you would like your recently lost loved ones death/funeral notice listed on contact your Funeral Director for more information…
Gold & Silver for Team Pursuit Squads in Junior WorldsSports Hub - Aug 17, 2018
The New Zealand junior men’s team pursuit squad have won gold at the UCI Junior Track Cycling World Championships in…