Old Invercargill and Whats On Invers wanted to get behind the glorious history of our region with a new video series.
Each episode, “Old Invercargill” will feature a new icon of yesteryear, highlighting the beauty of Southland.
Southland Boys’ High School was founded in 1881 and, in 1926, the original brick building was opened on the present Herbert St site. This building is called the Pearce Block in memory of Mr T. Pearce who was rector from around 1904 to 1929.
Having produced 36 All Blacks, Southland Boys’ High note they have produced more captains of our national team than any other school in the land. What an absolutely brilliant record for a very distinguished piece of Invercargill history.
“Non Scholae Sed Vitae Discimus
Not for school but for life we are learning”
You may be interested
Exclusive: City’s Trampoline Park Plans Confirmed With New LocationPaula - May 26, 2017
Invercargill is set to have its own purpose-built trampoline park, perfectly positioned near the city centre with off street parking,…
Pink Shirt Day Bike Ride PhotosTakie - May 26, 2017
Some of our Southland Police Officers and students from James Hargest College braved the cold this morning to proudly wear…