Invercargill features strongly amongst the finalists named for the 2018 Speedway New Zealand Awards.
Oreti Park Speedway’s flagship event the Burt Munro Challenge Speedway Spectacular has been named a finalist for Individual Event of the Year.
Talented duo Aiden Thwaites and Shane Twiss are in the running for Sidecar Competitor of the Year, while Cormac Buchanan and Dakota Crengle are both up for Junior Solo Competitor of the Year – an award Buchanan won last year.
On four wheels, Riverside Speedway is a finalist for Event Poster of the Year for its NZ Production Saloon Championship artwork.
For the third year running, Daryl Shuttleworth is in the mix for the Commentary of the Year award, while Luke Shearing features in the Modified Sprint Competitor of the Year ranks.
The winners will be announced in Wellington on June 16.
From Oreti Park Speedway, Junior Solo Competitor of the year – Cormac Buchanan & Dakota Crengle, Speedway Event of the year – Burt Munro Challenge.
From Riverside Speedway
- Commentary Of The Year – Daryl Shuttleworth
- Event Poster Of The Year – New Zealand Production Saloon Champs
- Modified Sprint Driver Of The Year – Luke Shearing
- Best Media Support – Southland Express
From Oreti Park Speedway
- Junior Solo Competitor of the year – Cormac Buchanan & Dakota Crengle
- Speedway Event of the year – Burt Munro Challenge