Invercargill City Council is delighted to be able to welcome customers back into its offices, facilities, and places people love to visit at Alert Level 2, albeit with some changes in place.
Splash Palace, Invercargill Public Library, Bluff Service Centre, and the Civic Administration Building will all open their doors to the public on Thursday May 14.
However, some changes have been made to hours to ensure our staff and the public can practise good hygiene and safe physical distancing while delivering and accessing services.
We ask that our customers are patient as we work through what this looks like over the coming days, and encourage anyone who is unsure to call our customer services team to seek advice or ask for clarification about our opening hours.
A full list of services which will reopen in Alert Level 2 is below.
Facilities and services reopening at Alert Level 2
Civic Administration Building
Open 10am – 5pm, Thursday May 14 and Friday May 15.
Normal hours resume from Monday May 18.
Bluff Service Centre
- Open from 10am Thursday May 14.
- Normal hours resume Friday May 15.
- Some changes to Lotto, NZ Post, and Kiwibank services.
- For lane swimming and aqua jogging:
- Open to the public 10am – 6.30pm on Thursday May 14.
- Open to the public 6am – 6.30pm on Friday May 15.
- Open to the public Saturday and Sunday – 8am – 6pm.
Note: We are working on providing space for squads and clubs.
Opening times for the leisure and learner pools may vary.
The sauna, spa, and cold pool will remain closed at this time.
Please contact the Splash Palace team from Thursday if you have questions about your membership cards or what services we will have available on (03) 2177506.
Invercargill City Libraries and Archives
- The Invercargill Public Library will be open 10am – 4pm on Thursday May 14 and Friday May 15.
- Weekend hours for Saturday and Sunday as per usual, 10am – 4pm.
- Normal hours will resume Monday May 18.
Bluff Library will reopen on Thursday May 14 at 1pm, its usual hours.
- BusSmart services will resume on its normal timetable from Thursday May 14.
- For the immediate future, all trips on our buses will be free to avoid any unnecessary handling of cash.
- The ICC school bus services will resume on Monday May 18.
Parks and Reserves
- Gates at all of our Parks and Reserves will be reopened from Thursday May 14,
- The Animal Reserve and Aviary will open from midday Thursday May 14, with normal hours resuming Friday May 15.
- Playgrounds and exercise equipment may be used from this date.
- The Queens Park Office will open from 10am Thursday May 14, with normal hours resuming Friday May 15.
- The Eastern Cemetery office will be open daily 1pm – 5pm beginning Thursday May 14.
- Bluff Transfer Station Normal hours resume Thursday May 14.
This information will be regularly updated on the Invercargill City Council website as any changes are made.
In all cases, special consideration has been given to keeping staff and the public safe and healthy. We ask that anyone who visits our facilities follow the instructions given by staff, as well as any signs or floor markings.
In many cases, we will need to note down visitor details for contact tracing purposes.
We appreciate everyone’s patience during this time.