Heritage Buildings Pop-up Consultation Open – Have Your Say
A pop-up shop hoping to gather your views on some of Invercargill’s heritage buildings opened on Saturday 17th March.
Invercargill City Council Senior Planner Liz Devery said Council was keen to get the public’s opinion on City Centre heritage, and the pop-up shop at the former ASB Bank building on Esk Street will be one of the ways they would gather those opinions.
Ms Devery said there would be multiple ways for people to show Council which buildings they believed were important at the pop-up shop, including:
- Photographs of every protected heritage building in the City Centre.
- People can ‘sticker’ those that are their favourites.
- Photographs of the buildings that have been recommended to be removed from the heritage register.
- A place where people can let Council know what Invercargill heritage means to them.
- A way of voting to find out how people think ratepayers should assist owners of heritage buildings. Is the care of a heritage building just the responsibility of building owner, or does the community have a responsibility too?
- Council staff will be on hand to answer any questions people had.
An online survey was launched last week, so that people who can’t make it to the pop-up shop won’t miss out. It can be completed here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ICCHeritage
The pop-up shop will be located in the old ASB Building on Esk St and is to be open from 10am til 2pm from Saturday, 17 March until the following Saturday, 24 March.
You may be interested
Name The Crane CompetitionNews Desk - Feb 26, 2020
Invercargill youngsters will have a chance to stamp their mark on the mighty crane dominating the skyline of Invercargill’s City…
Funeral Notices – Wednesday 26th FebruaryNotices - Feb 26, 2020
If you would like your lost loved one's death / funeral notice or memoriam listed here, contact your funeral director for more…