Today the Ministry of Health released the latest confirmed Covid-19 case numbers for the Southern DHB area.
There are now 51 confirmed cases in Clutha/Gore/Invercargill/Southland, up eight from yesterday
New cases compared to yesterday are Invercargill up 8 (35), no change Clutha (5), Gore (2) or Southland (9) bringing the total of confirmed cases in Clutha/Gore/Invercargill/Southland to (51).
Both clusters Bluff/Southland up four (62) and Queenstown up zero (32). See more about clusters below.
There are 39 new confirmed cases of Covid-19 and 28 new probable cases in NZ, bringing the country to a total of 1006.
Compared to yesterday below.
- 13 people are in hospital, 3 are in ICU – 2 in Wellington and 1 in Auckland.
- Just under 40,000 tests have been carried out so far.
- 43 percent of total cases are travel-related, 38 percent had contact with a confirmed case and 2 percent are considered community transmission.
- We currently have 12 significant clusters.
- The three biggest clusters remain Marist College with 72 cases, the wedding in Bluff with 62 and Matamata with 58.
Watch the PM’s media conference, due to start at 4pm, here:
Significant clusters in New Zealand
|Clusters under investigation||Location||Total to date||New in last 24 hours|
|Group travel to US||Wellington||16||0|
|Cruise ship||Hawke’s Bay||16||0|
|Group travel overseas||Auckland||15||3|
The Ministry of Health is now only publicly reporting clusters with 10 or more cases. All clusters are being investigated by public health officials. These figures include confirmed and probable cases. We are working to provide appropriate information on clusters.