NEW DATES: Essentials of LeadershipThu 31 Mar 2022, 09:00-17:00
Thu 31 Mar 2022, 09:00-17:00
Bill Richardson Transport World, 491 Tay St, Invercargill
This Essentials of Leadership course is designed to teach delegates new to leadership (0-3 years’ experience) the skills they need to effectively lead their teams. The course focuses on how to apply theoretical concepts to practical situations at work in line with the 70:20:10 model.
To learn, identify and apply the skills required to succeed with confidence in a leadership role through the lenses of self, results, relational and thought leadership.
– Understanding your behavioural style using DiSC Leadership Profiles
– How to leverage your leadership strengths and understand your weaknesses
– How to listen to understand and developing better listening skills
– How to run an effective and purposeful meeting
– Effective use of time – urgent vs important
– How to better understand my role as a leader in the organisation
– Empowering others – building a high-performance team
– Giving effective feedback as an improvement tool
– Prioritisation of 1-on-1 conversations
– Understanding motivation – encouraging the best out of others
– Coaching using the GROW model
– Managing performance of team members
– How to have tough / difficult conversations
Two days, 9.00am – 4.30pm
YOUR FACILITATOR – Mark Greaney
Mark Greaney teaches leadership tools for practical people. A highly regarded corporate trainer and facilitator, Mark is fixated on making learning positive, safe and lasting. He is expert at creating environments where learning sticks.
Mark works with organisations that are committed to developing their people. Over more than a decade as an independent trainer, Mark, and his team of facilitators, has worked at all levels across corporate and government departments.
Providing tailored training solutions to meet a wide range of needs and environments, his clients currently include: NZ Police; Fletcher Building; Fonterra; Sanford and Fisher & Paykel Healthcare.
Individual DiSC Leadership profiles and online access to profiles and comparision reports
Two virtual group follow up sessions at two weeks and six weeks post the in person workshop
Small coaching groups set up to continue as ongoing support over the programme duration
A copy of Mark’s new book, ‘Leading People; A Practical Toolbox for Managers’
Management Capability Development Voucher Fund – The Leadership Academy is registered with the Management Capability Development Voucher Fund. Find out more by visiting www.regionalbusinesspartners.co.nz