Date(s) - 23/01/2020 - 29/01/2020
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Southland District Council has joined forces with the team at Sport Southland to create active summer fun for youngsters throughout the district.
Council’s annual holiday programme will run in January at six locations – Winton, Wyndham, Otautau, Tokanui, Stewart Island and Te Anau.
The Sport Southland crew will be engaging with a variety of regional sports organisations, local clubs, arts and crafts groups and community groups to develop a comprehensive programme which caters for a variety of interests.
Each programme will be structured to ensure participants can sample a range of activities with children split into two age groups – 5-8 years and 9-12 years.
Confirmed dates for the programme, which runs from 10am to 3pm each day, are:
- Tokanui Friday 17th January (40 spots available)
- Winton Monday 20th January (60 spots available) Buses from Nightcaps
- Te Anau Wednesday 22nd January (80 spots available) Buses from Lumsden via Mossburn
- Wyndham Friday 24th January (60 spots available) Buses from Riversdale and Woodlands via Edendale
- Otautau Monday 27th January (60 spots available) Buses from Riverton and Tuatapere
- Stewart Island Wednesday 29th January (25 spots available)
The programme costs $6 per participant. Make sure you don’t miss out and register online (external link)now
You may be interested
City Block & Hotel Developments Starting To Take ShapeAimee Wilson - Jan 24, 2021
Significant progress will be made on the Invercargill city block rebuild in 2021, including the new Invercargill Licensing Trust’s Langlands Hotel.…
Fiordland ‘Buffer Zone Project’ Going AheadNews Desk - Jan 24, 2021
Environment Southland’s existing weed control programme in the Te Anau area is receiving a boost, which will help to protect…
Queenstown Woman Sets New Record For Running The Length of NZ: ‘It’s such an adventure’News Desk - Jan 23, 2021
A Queenstown nurse has become the fastest woman to run the length of the country, in 57 days and 12…