26/08/2020 - 27/08/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Bill Richardson Transport World,
491 tay Street,
Legacy Leadership provides practical and useful leadership tools, tips, and techniques that ensure that those who do rise to positions of influence leave an enduring legacy of hope, happiness, and prosperity.
This workshop is based on the principles and practices of excellence in leadership and is founded on centuries of accumulated evidence from history, philosophy, science, ethics This two-day workshop will share that knowledge, inspire greater levels of self awareness and selfdiscipline to enable competent managers to become better leaders.
Legacy Leadership has been designed to challenge both new and experienced leaders in their daily routines and decision making. The skills & techniques learned can be applied immediately to effect positive results both at work and within our wider communities of influence.
It aims to introduce a clearly defined system of skills and behaviours that will enhance all forms of decision making, delegation, communication and motivation.
Effective management and strong leadership skills are vital for executing business strategy and creating highly motivated teams, but all too often the day-today management can take us away from the leadership of people.
Applying accelerated learning techniques, you will be actively engaged in syndicate discussion groups, a wide range of current/relevant leadership scenarios, role plays, case studies and selfassessments. This workshop also encourages and facilitates a high level of critical self-reflection based on past performance and future opportunities.
On completion, you will be armed with an extensive Legacy Leadership master document for future use, back on the job.
- Number one reason people quit their jobs – their boss
- 50% of all employees would fire their boss if they could
- Poorly led work groups are 50% less productive, 44% less profitable
(Source: Gallup study of over one million employees)
This programme is designed for middle to senior managers, and also ‘rising stars’ who have been identified within the organisation as having potential to fill future management positions. Participants attending a Legacy Leadership programme are typically:
- Highly motivated to succeed
- Looking for practical, useful leadership tools that can be applied immediately
- Keen to explore and realise their potential as a true leader
- Positive and professional in every way
- Distinctions between leadership and management
- Personal mastery and how to take control of bad habits
- Credibility – the starting point of earning respect
- The power of authentic/empathic relationships
- Diagnosis of poor performance and how to deal with it – confidently
- Having courageous conversations – that effect positive & permanent change
- Applying four distinct leadership strategies – for effective decision making and delegation
- Personal wellbeing
- Learning from those ‘great leaders’ who have gone before us
- Leaving the right legacy
- Establishing new personal development goals/expectations for the future
Two Days – 9am – 5pm
Your Facilitator – Robin Rawson
Legacy Leadership is the culmination of more than three decades of extensive research, personal reflections and professional studies by Robin Rawson into the critical attributes of the truly great leaders of our time.
Robin is one of New Zealand’s leading adult educators and for over 30 years has assisted thousands of senior managers, executives, business owners, parents, school teachers, Government officials and community leaders.
During that period he has coached, mentored and challenged those in positions of power to execute that power with integrity, empathy and humility.
Robin genuinely cares not only about what people learn, but more importantly what people DO with what they learn. His style of teaching is very practical and hands on allowing you to engage in a meaningful, provocative and memorable experience.
Robin holds a National Certificate in Business Studies, a Diploma in Adult Teaching and a Certificate in Training and Development. He is a senior consultant for the NZ Institute of Management (NZIM) South Island wide and an accredited 4QL educator with the Wilf Jarvis Foundation.
You may be interested
H&J Smith The Latest Victim Of Covid-19: 175 Staff AffectedNews Desk - May 25, 2020
After 120 years in business, H&J Smith is planning to close or downsize all of its stores other than its…
Watch: Post Cabinet Covid-19 Media UpdateNews Desk - May 25, 2020
There will be a 4pm post Cabinet media conference from the Prime Minister and the Director-General of Health. Update on COVID-19…