Simple Swaps Workshop
This 2-hour waste-free homestead workshop is presented by Anna van Riel (Plastic Free Wanaka), where participants learn how to create affordable gifts, and make simple swaps to reduce single-use plastic at home.
WasteNet Southland and Plastic Free Wanaka are proud to bring you a dynamic workshop full of deliciousness, fun and creativity. With a keen focus on reducing dependency on single-use plastics, WasteNet has partnered with Plastic Free Wanaka to bring you simple, fun and easy solutions for waste reduction.
Hosted by Anna van Riel, this 2-hour workshop offers participants opportunities to make, taste and get inspired. And ... you get to take samples home of everything made on the day, as well as the recipe book!
What will you do in the workshop?
- Make your own delicious herb salt
- Make and learn multiple ways to use nutritious seed meal
- Make and taste delicious, grain- free bliss balls
- Learn to make knead-free bread
- Learn to make your own fabulous, all-natural face cream.
Who should attend?
The workshop is suitable for all ages, if you are learning to cook, moved into a student flat, are a young family, had enough of plastic filling up your rubbish bin or just wanting to learn something new.
What do I bring?
Please bring along a clean glass jam jar (or similar sized glass jar).
We have two workshops available:
- Saturday 27 February 2021, 10am to 12noon, South Alive/The Pantry, 133 Grace Street Invercargill. Gold coin donation.
- Saturday 27 February 2021, 2pm to 4pm, South Alive/The Pantry, 133 Grace Street Invercargill. Gold coin donation.
Books are essential
Spaces are limited to 15 people per workshop. Only registered participants will be able to attend. Go to WasteNet and book you place today by completing the online registration form - http://wastenet.org.nz/News/Events/SimpleSwaps.aspx